Your business needs email.
That’s true whether your company is a small, three-person medical device start-up or a corporation with offices on three continents.
Building an email list is one of the easiest ways medical device manufacturers can keep in touch with customers and potential customers.
Here’s a few steps you can take to build your email list:
1. Create great content
If you want customers in the medical device market to subscribe to your emails – and stay subscribed – start by creating exceptional blog content. If you aren’t blogging, here are a few things you should know:
- Write a headline that gets your ideal customer’s attention
- Your blog post should solve a problem; let readers know how the thing you make or do can make their lives easier
- Organize the story you tell to make it easier to read, with bullet points, a numbered list, or by breaking up each section with subheadings.
- Be sure to include an image as well. It helps catch the reader’s eye, and no one wants to just sift through a giant block of text.
- Close with a call-to-action, which will motivate them to take the next step: Download this whitepaper, or – for our purposes – Subscribe to our emails.
Be sure to read our article on the anatomy of a killer blog post to learn more.
2. Use social sharing buttons
By including social sharing buttons and an “Email to a friend” option in your emails, you’ll encourage current subscribers to your list to share your content.
Their friends, co-workers and colleagues could become your new subscribers. Include a “subscribe” call-to-action at the bottom of your email so that first-time readers can become new subscribers.
3. Subscribe through your website
Make sure visitors to your website can easily find your subscription button. Keep this option front-and-center, and include a call-to-action on each page. Some good spots to place your subscribe button include the blog’s main page, your “About Us” page and your “Contact Us” page.
4. Launch an opt-in campaign
Like any industry, the medical device field sees its shares of changes. People leave jobs, get promoted, start new ventures. And that can leave an email list feeling outdated.
If that’s the case for your list, create an inviting opt-in message and sent it to your contacts, encouraging those who wish to do so to opt in, and promising to remove anyone who doesn’t respond.
While it might seem risky to remove people from your lists to get them to flourish, keeping in touch with readers who are engaged could improve your odds of your email getting shared with people outside your original list.
5. Go off-line
You don’t need to be online to collect email addresses. Get people’s contact information at events such as tradeshows, or at events that you host on your own. When people register, get their emails. If they’re interested in your medical device company enough to attend an event, chances are they’ll want to hear from you in the future.
This might sound a tall order. After all, you have a medical supply company to run. That’s where a digital marketing company like IQnection can help.
Our marketing team can help you craft content that keeps your customers engaged, and determine the best ways to boost your email lists. Contact us today to find out how we can cultivate email lists that engage with your audience.